Anna received her law degree from Baylor Law School and has spent her career representing businesses and individuals in Texas state and federal courts, in arbitration and on appeal. She is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Texas and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. In addition to her trial and appellate dockets, Anna writes and speaks on legal issues in the automotive industry, as well as other business-related topics. She is involved with a number of charitable and community organizations, and represents District 1 on the Georgetown City Council.
In her spare time, Anna writes a car blog, Motorista, attends motorsports events, and enjoys walking her dogs in historic Georgetown, Texas.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D.
- Southwestern University, B.A.
- Texas Rising Star 2016 – Business Litigation (selected by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters company)
- Texas Rising Star 2015 – Business Litigation (selected by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters company)
AFFILIATIONS and MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- District 1 Representative, Georgetown City Council, 2015 – present
- Southwestern University Board of Visitors, 2016 – present
- Member, Georgetown Animal Shelter Advisory Board, 2015 – present
- Board Member, Georgetown Transportation Enhancement Corporation, 2015 – 2016
- Chair, City of Georgetown Historic and Architectural Review Commission, 2013 – 2015
- Commissioner, City of Georgetown Historic and Architectural Review Commission, 2012 – 2013
- Candidate, Woman of the Year, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Austin)
- Member, Executive Leadership Team, Go Red for Women 2016 (American Heart Association – Austin)
- Over the Edge participant, 2014, 2015 (Make a Wish Foundation)
- Contributing writer, Texas Lawyer
- Contributing writer, JeanKnowsCars.com
- Contributing writer, BuyingCarsHerWay.com
- “Lessons for Litigators in GM’s Valukas Report,” Texas Lawyer, Sept. 1, 2014
- “The Legal Framework for Self-Driving Cars,” Texas Lawyer, Jan. 26, 2015
- “Car Hacking: Much Ado About Nothing?” Texas Lawyer, Mar. 23, 2015
- “The Cost/Benefit of Accessing Personal Car Data,” Texas Lawyer, Jul. 27, 2015
- “Total Recall: At What Point Should Manufacturers Be Punished for Producing Imperfect Vehicles?” Texas Lawyer, Oct. 21, 2015
- “Contrasting Volkswagen Fraud with Other Auto Debacles,” Texas Lawyer, Dec. 28, 2015
Below are examples of cases in which Anna has participated.
- College Network v. Moore Educational Publishers, 378 Fed.Appx. 403 (5th Cir. 2010)
- Neely v. Wilson, 418 S.W.3d 52 (Tex. 2013)
- In re Godwin, 293 S.W.3d 742 (Tex.App.—San Antonio 2009, orig. proceeding)
- Champion v. Estlow, —S.W.3d—(Tex.App.—Austin 2015, pet. denied)
- McGraw Minerals v. County of Jasper, Texas, —S.W.3d—(Tex.App.—Corpus Christi 2015, pet. filed)
- Represented plaintiff/counter-defendant company in 8-week bench trial of contract and fraud claims.
- Represented plaintiff/counter-defendant individual in two-week arbitration of fiduciary duty and fraud claims.
- Represented defendant individual in bench trial of landlord/tenant dispute, resulting in defense verdict and award of attorneys’ fees.
- Represented plaintiff municipality in breach of contract and deceptive trade practices litigation.
- Represented plaintiff company in trademark infringement and Lanham Act litigation.
- Represented plaintiff company in commercial lease dispute.
- Represented defendant/counter-plaintiff individual in trade secret misappropriation litigation.
- Represented defendant/counter-plaintiff company and individuals in trade secret misappropriation litigation.
- Represented plaintiff company in non-compete and trade secret misappropriation litigation.
- Represented plaintiff company in breach of contract litigation.
- Represented plaintiff company in breach of contract/suit on sworn account litigation.
- Represented plaintiff company in breach of contract/breach of warranty litigation.
- Represented defendant company in deceptive trade practices litigation.
- Represented plaintiff individual in breach of contract, fiduciary duty, and conversion litigation.
- Represented plaintiff company in fraud, breach of contract, and conspiracy litigation.
- Represented company in appeal relating to Chapter 258 of the Texas Transportation Code.